18 November 2008

You can lead a babe to bed. . .

Um, just wondering if anyone has advice on how to get your kids to sleep. I know they are both EXHAUSTED, but they are still awake in bed after being there over 2 hours now. (It is 9:00 p.m and JG is still making fire truck siren noises and E is just hollerin' trying to copy him!) I've tried separate rooms, same rooms, singing and other bedtime niceties. Oh well, at least they aren't crying the whole time. Still. . . any other options other than drugs?

By the way, lest you think I'm at wit's end, I am enjoying a large glass of delicious wine and working while propping my feet up. So clearly I'm not too stressed out about the whole thing.

3 comments:

angie said...

Oh man, do you have an extra glass!? I would so love to be sitting with you in your cozy place chatting and enjoying listening to the firetruck noises!
You know Em... she still sings to herself every night!
As a matter of fact (and I'm being 100% honest!), I have to go break up a little giggle session... Ethan snuck out of his room!
Love you and miss you all!

emily said...

I say try the wine out on the children - it might just help your difficulties.

Tootie said...

Ha! Love it! I'll try that Em and get back to you! Giggles indeed, Angie! Wish you could be out here too!