18 April 2008

First Day

I'm almost done with my First Day Alone with the two chitlins. It hasn't been too bad so far. Except that E-Grace probably cried more today than she has in her entire life. Poor little thing. We managed a walk together and I even took some pictures of them. This having two thing is quite an adjustment. Any of you moms out there with some advice, it is WELCOME. PLEASE POST ADVICE HERE!! On how to do two. I think all I did today (besides the walk and taking a couple pictures) was change diapers, nurse my infant, babble with my 18 month old and stuff food into my mouth. I'm hungry ALL the time from nursing. I'll never lose this baby weight this way, but oh well. So, there you have it. I survived the day and just have the night to contend with. I caught myself today thinking, "man, with just JG I was so much more productive". . . and then I stop myself, and say "who are you kidding, you weren't productive with JG on days Todd was gone, so why should you be productive now?" If this is what life is going to look like for now, then how long can I expect to get away with crazy, unwashed, unmanaged hair, no make up, kids in pjs all day and macaroni and peas for dinner?!

8 comments:

angie said...

Sorry to say, I still have days like that! It's so hard to get it all in sometimes and the most important thing is that we spend time with the kids... they don't care what we look like! I have to take a shower at night, after the kids are in bed. And my oldest is in school most of the day... maybe I should be ashamed to post this???
Love,
A

Anonymous said...

Hang in there...it will get easier. Also, don't be too hard on yourself--you won't get a whole lot done these first few months.

My first two are close together, and I have to be honest, I felt like a triage nurse most days. Both boys would be crying and I'd have to decide who really needed me more.

One thing that saved my sanity was a sling. I had a Maya wrap, but there are some other great ones on the market now. Actually I would use two slings at times: my older baby on my back and my younger one on my front. I didn't do that too often, but sometimes it really saved the day.

Robin

PS--Blogger keeps choking and not posting my comment...I hope it doesn't show up 100 times!

Tootie said...

wow, thanks so much, Angie and Robin, I really need mom encouragement! I'm looking at getting a "Sling Ling" because it looks like a really simple design, but I'll check out Maya wraps too, thanks for that tip!

Amy Ross said...

To me it sounds like you are doing just what you need to be doing! My advice: change nothing...! Your kids are getting all they need right now, clean diapers, nurishment and love!
I know that we've never met, but I delight in praying for you! Everytime I check your blog, I do so. Not that my prayers are super powerful, but it was (is!) always encouraging to know there are others praying for(with) you!
And, you need to add posting a blog to your list of accomplishments for the day!

Anonymous said...

I also have a New Native baby carrier that I really like. However, if I was buying one today, I'd probably get the Moby Wrap because I like that it carries the weight of the baby on both shoulders.

Tootie said...

Thank you, Amy! You are so sweet to pray for us. I'm praying for your house to sell!!!! I hope Chris' hand is doing better (I'm a secret checker of your blog too)! Thanks everyone for all the encouragement!

Marijke said...

I know how and what you can do, Favorite Second Daughter, so I have the utmost confidence in this mountain you are climbing. I may not have been the best example for you through life but I feel confident that 'I tried my best - and let God do the rest'... Take comfort in knowing that you WILL reach the top of your mountain one day - with beautiful views along the way as reward for all the hard work! You have a lot of prayers going up on your behalf, too - how do people do it withOUT the Lord by their side? Love you - and keep posting - your Favorite Mom

Marijke said...

purchase some necessary hair care products from bumble and bumble. They are expensive, but they got me through the first few weeks with Georgia. Surf Spray is for when you actually do get to wash your hair, but can't fix it. You can still be sexy;) and then they have a waterless shampoo that you spray in and then comb out...buy that too. Then when you can't take a shower, but you are a bit greasy, just use this! Love you, Nanni